We want to be a force for good not only in the industries we serve but also in the places where we live and work. Contributing to communities through investments of funds, expertise and time helps makes them better places to do business—and better places to live.
We make the majority of our community investments through the Avery Dennison Foundation. The Foundation’s mission is to advance education and sustainability in the communities where our employees live and work, and to encourage employee engagement with a spirit of invention and innovation.
Each year, the Avery Dennison Foundation invests 5 percent of its assets from the previous year. In the two years since we published our last sustainability report, giving through the Avery Dennison Foundation totaled just over $2.3 million. The Foundation has given more than $5.2 million since 2010.
In 2016 the Foundation set its 2020 Vision, which will guide its giving through the end of the decade. The vision calls for the Foundation to:
● Model integrity and social responsibility through annual opportunities for the Avery Dennison Foundation to partner with the corporation and its businesses.
● Propel employee engagement and volunteerism across the enterprise by including an employee engagement component in 50 percent of all Foundation grant programs.
● Advance environmental sustainability through at least 20 percent of Foundation grants, with an emphasis on programs with objectives that align with Avery Dennison’s sustainability goals.
● Advance women’s empowerment through at least 20 percent of Foundation grants.
● Advance educational opportunities through at least 20 percent of Foundation grants.